Friday, February 10, 2012

waving HI!

So I'm posting now.  I'm so sorry that I left some of you wondering whether I was okay.  I said I was going to post once a month, and I have definitely not done that.

That said -- I am okay.  I am more than okay.  The reason that you haven't heard from me is that I entered a doctoral program.  My business held steady with its part-time obligations, and I took on a second part-time job.  So... if I'm not working, or doing business stuff, I'm reading or writing papers or attending classes.  And if I'm not doing any of those things, I'm trying to get some quality time with Gerard or even one of my friends.

Gerard and I are doing really well.  I can't say that we *never* fight anymore, but we have really made major strides.  Fighting is not an issue for us anymore.  Commitment is also not an issue for us anymore.  We are both here, we know we love each other, and we know we want to spend the rest of our lives together and have a baby and all that mushy stuff.  I'm thrilled, actually, that we went through so many hard times together.  I think we needed to learn what it would look like between us if it got bad.  So we know that we could go there again, if life gets really stressful or something -- as it surely will at some points.  So anyway, the point is that we couldn't be happier with each other.

I am still occasionally dating women, which Gerard still heartily encourages.  I hooked up with my best friend a few months ago, while Gerard watched, which was pretty awesome.  If I wasn't so busy I would totally have written about it here.  Maybe she will write about it on her blog some day (some of you know where that is).  I also have a date tomorrow night with a woman who came across my online dating-women profile.  I am quite excited for that.

The last thing that I wanted to mention, since I have so often written about it here, is my health.  I seem to have turned a corner with my GI troubles.  Gerard has started making me green smoothies every morning, and they have pretty much obliterated my typical digestion disturbance pattern.  I'm also starting to go off the anti-depressants that I started taking around this time last year, though I'm keeping some meds on hand for insomnia.  And I still have that stupid eczema (how does that thing just start one day all of a sudden when I never had it for the first 30 years of my life?), but that's more of an annoyance than a health concern.

So in other words, all is well.  I'm really happy to be busy, and I'm loving school.  I'm loving my business, and I'm loving the security that the part-time job gives me.  I'm madly in love with Gerard, and I'm madly in love with life.

xx

3 comments:

  1. yay! good to hear from you, so glad things are going well xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaauuuuuurrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellliiiiiaaaaa!!!

    It's good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear from you. It's awesome to hear that things are going well for you, and I do indeed hope to hear THAT juicy story.

    (And entirely humored at our parallel lives, from way back in the day - a few versions of you ago - all the way to now) I'm in school and working two jobs and man, I could just eat school with a spoon.

    ReplyDelete